Fiction Series Books
- Blabey, Aaron. The Bad Guys (Series) – Mr. Wolf, Mr. Shark, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha – they are bad guys, everybody knows that. They’re scary and dangerous and ….well, just bad. But these guys want to be heroes and they’re going to prove it by doing good deeds.
- Citro, Asia. Zoey and Sassafras (Series) – With magical animals, science, mystery, and adventure, the brand new series Zoey and Sassafras has something for everyone!
- DiCamillo, Kate. Mercy Watson (Series) – Mercy, a pig who doesn’t know she is a pig, enjoys a special life with the Watsons.
- Flintham, Thomas. Super Rabbit Boy (Series) – Super Rabbit Boy takes on many challenges to keep Animal Town safe from villians in his video game world.
- Flood, Pansie Hart. Tiger Turcotte (Series) – Second-grader Tiger Turcotte deals with a variety of school situations.
- Guibert, Emmanuel. Sardine in Outer Space (Series) – The Chief Executive Officer of the universe, Supermuscleman, is training all children to obey him.
- Harper, Charise. Fashion Kitty (Series) – Kiki turns into Fashion Kitty, a feline superhero who saves other kitties from fashion disaster.
- Harper, Jessica. Uh-Oh, Cleo (Series) – An 8-year-old describes her family’s foibles and her six siblings’ funny antics.
- Hatem, Aly and Faruqi, Saadia. Yasmin (Series) – Yasmin is a spirited second-grader who’s always on the lookout for those “aha” moments to help her solve life’s little problems. She boldly faces any situation, assuming her imagination doesn’t get too big, of course!
- Howe, James. Houndsley and Catina (Series) – Houndsley and Catina run into trouble when they decide to prove that they are the best at cooking and writing, respectively.
- Kuipers, Alice. Polly Diamond (Series) – Follow the main character, Polly, who is an imaginative girl, and her magic notebook as she learns new information about herself and the world around her.
- McDonald, Megan. Stink, Judy Moody, and Judy Moody and Friends (Series) – Stink is Judy Moody’s pesky younger brother. Together they play pranks, solve riddles, and form friendships.
- McDonnell, Patrick. Mutts (Series) – Mooch the cat and Earl the dog are best friends who always save the day with style.
- Pastis, Stephan. Timmy Failure (Series) – Read about the comically self-confident Timmy Failure, who is the CEO of the best detective agency in town!
- Rylant, Cynthia. Mr. Putter and Tabby (Series) – Read about the adventures of Mr. Putter and his beloved cat, Tabby.
- Speck, Katie. Maybelle Goes to Tea (Series) – A cockroach follows the advice of her new fly friend and tumbles into an adventure during Mrs. Peabody’s Ladies’ Spring Tea.
- Watt, Melanie. Scaredy Squirrel (Series) – Follow Scaredy Squirrel as he goes on new adventures and solves new problems.
- Beaty, Andrea. Ada Twist, Scientist, Aaron Slater, Illustrator, Sofia Valdez, Future Prez, and Rosie Revere, Engineer – Learn about the endless possibilities you can accomplish if you believe in yourself by reading about these amazing characters and their experiences in these 4 individual titles.
- Davis, Eleanor. Stinky: A Toon Book – Stinky, a monster who lives in a swamp, gets upset when a boy named Nick starts visiting—so Stinky tries to scare him away.
- Daywalt, Drew. The Day the Crayons Quit – Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough!
- DiPucchio, Kelly. Grace for President – When Grace’s teacher reveals that the United States has never had a female president, Grace decides to be the first.
- Gerstein, Mordicai. The Man Who Walked Between the Towers – The story of a daring tightrope walk between skyscrapers.
- Haas, Jessie. Runaway Radish – When Radish the pony grows too big for the girls who own him, he lives at a horse camp.
- King, Dedie. I See the Sun in Afghanistan – Through the eyes of a child, this book portrays a culture that emphasizes family and love of country.
- Kvasnosky, Laura. Zelda and Ivy, the Runaways – Two fox sisters run away from home, bury a time capsule, and find use for creative juice.
- Look, Lenore. Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things – A young boy, who loves superheroes and comes from a long line of brave Chinese farmer-warriors, wants to make friends.
- Martinez-Neal, Juana. Alma and How She Got Her Name – What’s in a name? For one little girl, her very long name tells the vibrant story of where she came from — and who she may one day be.
- O’Neill, Catharine. Annie & Simon – Recounts four adventures of Annie, her big brother Simon, and their dog, Hazel.
- Rohmann, Eric. My Friend Rabbit – When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn’t far behind.
- Santat, Dan. The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend – This magical story begins on an island far away where an imaginary friend is born.
- Smith, Lane. John, Paul, George and Ben – A humorous look at five founding fathers.
- Zombie, Zach. Diary of a Minecraft Zombie – Take a peek and see what is really going on with the dreaded zombies of Minecraft.
Non-Fiction Series Books
- Barton, Bethany. I’m Trying to Love (Series) – A series of nonfiction books highlighting facts and information about different topics.
- Markle, Sandra. What If You Had … (Series) – What if you had animal eyes, teeth, ears, etc. What would you be able to do? Learn facts and information about animals while getting to think about how their special characteristics could make life different as a human.
- McAnulty, Stacy. Our Universe (Series) – This series invites children to explore our universe from the point of view of the planets.
- McCloskey, Kevin. Giggle and Learn (Series) – Learn about topics like Ants Don’t Wear Pants! and Snails are Just my Speed! You’ll be captivated by these fact-filled and just plain fun, informational books .
- Meltzer, Brad. I Am … (Series) – These picture book biographies inspire kids to dream big, one role model at a time (Helen Keller, Martin Luther King Jr. Sacajawea, etc).
- Beeler, Selby. Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions from Around the World – Learn about traditions from around the world.
- Bishop, Nic. Butterflies and Moths – Learn facts and information about butterflies and moths.
- Clements, Andrew. A Million Dots – In this book you will learn what a million looks like.
- Kudlinski, Kathleen. Boy, Were We Wrong About the Solar System and Boy, Were We Wrong About the Dinosaurs – Learn about misconceptions and new understandings of scientific concepts in these 2 separate titles..
- Rappaport, Doreen. Martin’s Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – This picture book biography of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. brings his life and the profound nature of his message to young children through his own words.
- Tonatiuh, Duncan. Separate is Never Equal: Sylvia Mendez and Her Family’s Fight for Desegregation – The Mendez family fought to end segregation in California schools. Discover their incredible story in this picture book.
*The above suggested texts cover a wide variety of topics and genres. Another good place to find quality text is at your local library so consider visiting often! As we know, student choice and interest drive a passion for the love of reading.