Coffee & Conversation: Activities for the Summer – April 12
The District 54 Department of Language and Culture invites District 54 families to join us from 5:00-6:00 PM on Wednesday, April 12 to discuss Activities for the Summer. Through this session, we hope to provide families who are new to the country with information about different activities and resources that are available for students and families in the summer. Spanish and Ukrainian translators will be available. If you are able to attend this session in the District 54 Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg, please let us know by calling Barbara Velez at (847) 357-5074.
Spanish Language Speech Contest: May 4, 2023, 8 a.m.-noon
District 54 is excited to announce its 11th annual Spanish Language Speech Contest on May 4, 2023, for students in third through eighth grade. Student applications were due March 20. The finalists will be notified via mail the week of April 17. For more information visit our District 54 Spanish Speech Contest website.
Multicultural Parent Advisory Council
You are invited to be a part of the Multicultural Parent Advisory Council (MPAC), a group of parents, community members and staff who work together to support students in the District 54 English Learner (EL) program and their families.
The goals of MPAC are
- To provide programmatic advice and recommendations to the Dept. of Language and Culture;
- To provide leadership and support to families of students in the District 54 EL program;
- To serve as a communication link between District 54 staff and families; and
- To plan and help implement parent education and involvement activities to support teaching and learning activities of all District 54 students.
2022-23 MPAC Events
- Collaboration: The Key to Success for English Learners – 6:30 p.m., September 13, District 54 Professional Learning Center
- Dual Language Parent Night – 6:30 p.m., September 27, District 54 Professional Learning Center
- English Learner Kindergarten Night – 6 p.m., February 22, District 54 Professional Learning Center
- Multicultural Event – 11 a.m., March 4, Schaumburg Park District Community Resource Center