Special Reorganizational School Board Meeting – April 25, 2019
Call to Order
Public Comment: No one asked to speak.
Results of the Canvass of the April 2, 2019 School Board Election:
The School Board accepted the results of the canvass of the April 2, 2019 School Board election. Bill Harper, Barb Hengels and Mary Kay Prusnick were elected to the School Board.
Oath of Office for Newly Elected Board Members:
Superintendent Andy DuRoss and Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Pete Hannigan administered the oath of office to the newly elected board members.
Adjournment Sine Die
Call to Order of New Board
Appointment of President and Secretary Pro Tem: Mary Kay Prusnick was appointed as the president pro tem and Bob Kaplan was appointed as the secretary pro tem.
Election of Officers
- The Board elected Bob Kaplan as president.
- The Board elected Charlotte Kegarise as vice president.
- The Board elected Ken Van Dyke as secretary.
Establishment of Schedule for Regular Board Meetings:
The Board approved the dates for School Board meetings for July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020. All regular meetings will begin at 7 p.m. in the Board Room in the Rafferty Administration Center. Special open and closed meetings will take place at 6 p.m. in the Board Room in the Rafferty Administration Center. Click here for the meeting schedule.
Adoption of Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures:
The Board adopted the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the prior District 54 School Board.
- The Board thanked the Hoffman Estates Park District for recognizing the MacArthur Environmental Club as this month’s Best of Hoffman for spearheading the creation of a butterfly garden.
- Board members and Superintendent Andy DuRoss thanked Mary Kay Prusnick for her leadership as the board president the past two years.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 6:30 p.m.