Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Engage in exploration and imaginative play with materials.
- Collaboratively engage in creative art-making in response to an artistic problem.
Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Through experimentation, build skills in various media and approaches to art-making
- Identify safe and non-toxic art materials, tools, and equipment.
- Create art that represents natural and constructed environments.
Revise, refine, and complete artistic work.
- Explain the process of making art while creating.
Analyze, interpret and select artistic work for presentation.
- Select art objects for personal portfolio and display, explaining why they were chosen.
Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Explain the purpose of a portfolio or collection.
Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Explain what an art museum is and distinguish how an art museum is different from other buildings
Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Identify uses of art within their environments.
- Describe what an image represents.
Construct meaningful interpretations of artistic work.
- List details and identify subject matter of works of art.
Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Explain reasons for selecting a preferred artwork.
Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Create art that tells a story about a life experience.
Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.
- Identify a purpose of an artwork.