Understand some concepts related to citizenship.
- Recognize the reasons for rules in the home and early childhood environment and for laws in the community.
- Contribute to the well-being of one’s early childhood environment, school and community.
- Participate in voting as a way of making choices.
- Develop an awareness of what it means to be a leader.
- Participate in a variety of roles in the early childhood environment.
Explore economic systems and human interdependence.
- Describe some common jobs and what is needed to perform these jobs.
- Discuss why people work.
Develop an awareness of the self and his or her uniqueness and individuality.
- Recall information about the immediate past.
- Develop a basic awareness of self as an individual.
Explore geography, the child’s environment, and where people live, work and play.
- Locate objects and places in familiar environments.
Explore people and families.
- Recognize similarities and differences in people.
- Understand that each of us belongs to a family and recognize that families vary.