The guidelines for what to wear in a PE class are based on safety and effectiveness. Gym shoes with clean soles are required for participation in PE activities. A student who does not have regular gym shoes with shoelaces or Velcro may be excluded from class that day. Shoes that look like gym shoes but have a raised heel or platform, slide-on or have a sling-back, are not acceptable.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement without being overly baggy.
- Don’t wear dresses or skirts. If necessary, shorts or pants may be added under a skirt or dress, but this is not recommended.
- Wear a short-sleeve top or T-shirt under a sweater or sweatshirt for ventilation.
- Leave dangling jewelry, watches, rings, chains and bracelets at home.
- Roll up pants that hang below the shoes.
- Junior high locker rooms are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Students will not be changing into a PE uniform and should follow the elementary dress criteria.