Health Essential Outcomes
Understand principles of health promotion and the prevention and treatment of illness and injury.
- Explain the basic principles of health promotion, illness prevention and safety including how to access valid information, products and services.
- Describe and explain the factors that influence health among individuals, groups and communities.
- Explain how the environment can affect health.
- Describe how to advocate for the health of individuals, families and communities.
Understand human body systems and factors that influence growth and development.
- Describe and explain the structure and functions of the human body systems and how they interrelate.
- Explain the effects of health-related actions on the body systems.
- Describe factors that affect growth and development.
- Describe and explain the structures and functions of the brain and how they are impacted by different types of physical activity and levels of fitness.
Promote and enhance health and well-being through the use of effective communication and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate procedures for communicating in positive ways, resolving differences and preventing conflict.
- Apply decision-making skills related to the protection and promotion of individual, family, and community health.
- Demonstrate skills essential to enhancing health and avoiding dangerous situations.