What is the District 54 Food Pantry?
District 54 schools and the Elk Grove and Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates Rotary Clubs opened a food pantry located at Mead Junior High School to serve families in need across the school district. At minimum, 54 families will be referred by their school social worker to visit the food pantry. Families will be served by the Client Choice model where they’ll have the option to “shop” for the items they feel best fit their families’ needs.
When is it open?
The food pantry will operate quarterly during the school year with the hopes of serving 300 families during the 2012-2013 school year. The food pantry hosted its first families in November 2011. Two families from each school were selected to visit the food pantry at that time.
How can you help?
All nonperishable donations can be sent to Mead Junior High School, 1765 Biesterfield Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007.
If your organization or business would like to host a food drive, please contact Mead principal Peter Hannigan at (847) 357-6000.
The following items are the “Most Wanted Nonperishable Goods” for families to choose from; however, any and all donations will be accepted.
Other Products to Donate:
Feminine products, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, Kleenex, paper towels, dish soap, laundry soap, other cleaning supplies, diapers (all sizes), baby food, baby wipes
Please make sure to check the expiration date before donating.
Food4Less Community Rewards Program
- Individuals interested in supporting the Food Pantry every time they shop at Food4Less should email D54FoodPantry@sd54.k12.il.us to request a card.
- Register your card online at www.food4less.com. Every time you shop at Food4Less, swipe the card and you’re generating revenue for the Food Pantry.
- The Food Pantry will earn 4 percent on all household monthly purchases up to $500 and 5 percent on any purchases more than $500.
GFS Marketplace FunFunds
- Individuals interested in supporting the Food Pantry every time they shop at GFS Marketplace can sign up by clicking the following link: http://www.gfs.com//funfunds/home.page?orgnumbers=2502675.
- There are no membership fees.
- When you sign up, you will be given a choice of two coupons: a $10 donation that goes directly to the Food Pantry with a $50 purchase or more; or $10 off your purchase of $50 or more.
- Stop by the service counter at your local GFS Marketplace store to pick up your permanent membership card on your first shopping trip.
- The Food Pantry’s organization number is 2502675.
Our sincere thanks to the sponsors and donors who have supported our efforts this far.
- Costco – 1375 N. Meacham Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Food4Less – 901 Meacham Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
- GFS Marketplace – 1005 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60193
- Whole Foods – 750 N. Martingale Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Schaumburg Wholesale Meats – 113 W. Monterey Ave., Schaumburg, IL 60193
Elk Grove Rotary Club
Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates Rotary Club
Schaumburg Education Association
All 27 District 54 schools who have hosted food drives