When are the food pantries open?
The food pantries will be open to families on an as-needed basis. There will also be two “open houses” where designated families will be contacted by their building social workers to visit the Mead or Keller Food Pantry.
How can you help?
All nonperishable donations can be sent to Keller Junior High School (820 Bode Road, Schaumburg, IL 60194) or to Mead Junior High School (1765 Biesterfield Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007).
If your organization or business would like to host a food drive, please contact Assistant Superintendent Pete Hannigan at (847) 357-5032. You can also email MeadFoodPantry@sd54.org or KellerFoodPantry@sd54.org.
The following items are the “Most Wanted Nonperishable Goods” for families to choose from; however, any and all donations will be accepted.
Other Products to Donate:
Feminine products, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, Kleenex, paper towels, dish soap, laundry soap, other cleaning supplies, diapers (all sizes), baby food, baby wipes
Please make sure to check the expiration date before donating.
Whole Foods Market Feed 4 More Campaign (11/1/2014-12/31/2014)
- Feed 4 More is an annual community food drive sponsored by Whole Foods Market customers who make in-store monetary donations to assist in stocking the District 54 Food Pantry with nonperishable foods. Items featured include spaghetti, vegetable soup, applesauce, long grain rice and more.
- 100% of the funds collected are given directly to the food pantries housed at Mead and Keller junior high schools.
GFS Marketplace FunFunds
- Individuals interested in supporting the Food Pantry every time they shop at GFS Marketplace can sign up by clicking the following link: http://www.gfs.com//funfunds/home.page?orgnumbers=2502675.
- There are no membership fees.
- When you sign up, you will be given a choice of two coupons: a $10 donation that goes directly to the Food Pantry with a $50 purchase or more; or $10 off your purchase of $50 or more.
- Stop by the service counter at your local GFS Marketplace store to pick up your permanent membership card on your first shopping trip.
- The Food Pantry’s organization number is 2502675.
Our sincere thanks to the sponsors and donors who have supported our efforts this far.
- Costco – 1375 N. Meacham Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Food4Less – 901 Meacham Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
- GFS Marketplace – 1005 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60193
- Whole Foods Market – 750 N. Martingale Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Schaumburg Wholesale Meats – 113 W. Monterey Ave., Schaumburg, IL 60193
Schaumburg Education Association
All 28 District 54 schools who have hosted food drives