What is the District 54 Food Pantry?
District 54 schools and the Elk Grove and Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates Rotary Clubs opened a food pantry at Mead Junior High School in 2011 to serve families in need across the school district. In 2013, District 54 will open its second pantry at Keller Junior High School. At minimum, 54 families will be referred by their school social worker to visit the food pantry. Families will be served by the Client Choice model where they’ll have the option to “shop” for the items they feel best fit their families’ needs.
When are the food pantries open?
The food pantries will operate quarterly during the school year with the hopes of serving 600 families during the 2013-14 school year.
How can you help?
All nonperishable donations can be sent to Keller Junior High School (820 Bode Road, Schaumburg, IL 60194) or to Mead Junior High School (1765 Biesterfield Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007).
If your organization or business would like to host a food drive, please contact Assistant Superintendent Pete Hannigan at (847) 357-5032. You can also email MeadFoodPantry@sd54.org or KellerFoodPantry@sd54.org.
The following items are the “Most Wanted Nonperishable Goods” for families to choose from; however, any and all donations will be accepted.
Other Products to Donate:
Feminine products, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, Kleenex, paper towels, dish soap, laundry soap, other cleaning supplies, diapers (all sizes), baby food, baby wipes
Please make sure to check the expiration date before donating.
Wickets Bar & Grill – National Canned Food Month (February 1-28)
- Donate a canned good or nonperishable item at Wickets during the month of February and received 10% off your lunch or dinner.
- All donations benefit the District 54 Food Pantry.
- Wickets is located at 601 N. Martingale Road, in the Streets of Woodfield, in Schaumburg.
- Click here for the Canned Food Month at Wickets flyer.
Food4Less Community Rewards Program
- Individuals interested in supporting the Food Pantry every time they shop at Food4Less should email D54FoodPantry@sd54.k12.il.us to request a card.
- Register your card online at www.food4less.com. Every time you shop at Food4Less, swipe the card and you’re generating revenue for the Food Pantry.
- Food Pantries will earn 4 percent on all household monthly purchases up to $500 and 5 percent on any purchases more than $500.
GFS Marketplace FunFunds
- Individuals interested in supporting the Food Pantry every time they shop at GFS Marketplace can sign up by clicking the following link: http://www.gfs.com//funfunds/home.page?orgnumbers=2502675.
- There are no membership fees.
- When you sign up, you will be given a choice of two coupons: a $10 donation that goes directly to the Food Pantry with a $50 purchase or more; or $10 off your purchase of $50 or more.
- Stop by the service counter at your local GFS Marketplace store to pick up your permanent membership card on your first shopping trip.
- The Food Pantry’s organization number is 2502675.
Our sincere thanks to the sponsors and donors who have supported our efforts this far.
- Costco – 1375 N. Meacham Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Food4Less – 901 Meacham Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
- GFS Marketplace – 1005 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60193
- Whole Foods Market – 750 N. Martingale Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Schaumburg Wholesale Meats – 113 W. Monterey Ave., Schaumburg, IL 60193
Elk Grove Rotary Club
Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates Rotary Club
Schaumburg Education Association
All 27 District 54 schools who have hosted food drives