School District 54 hosted a two-day presentation with Rick and Becky DuFour on Professional Learning Communities April 22 and 23, attended by District 54 employees and representatives from other school districts.
Professional Learning Communities have six key characteristics:
- Shared mission, vision, values, goals
- Collaborative teams focused on learning.
- Collective inquiry into best practice and current reality
- Action orientation/experimentation
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Results oriented
PowerPoint presentations from Aldrin Elementary School, the MacArthur International Spanish Academy and Mead Junior High School are included below.