Public Comment: No one asked to speak.
Freedom of Information Act Requests:
District 54 received and replied to two requests since the last board meeting related to employment records for a substitute teacher and pay scales and pay-related stipulations in the SEEO contract as well as the support staff evaluation form.
Consent Agenda – The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda:
- Minutes of the regular and closed-session meetings on June 18, 2015
- Resignations, leaves, employment of personnel and salary adjustments
- Checks dated June 26, 2015
- Treasurer’s report on cash and investments for May 2015
- Monthly update of revenues and expenditures for June 2015
- The purchase of software licensing and support
- The destruction of the verbatim records of the closed-session school board meeting held on Jan. 9, 2014, for which approved minutes already exist.
President’s Report: Board President Charlotte Kegarise welcomed Bob Kaplan back to District 54, this time as the interim Uniserv director serving the Schaumburg Education Association and the Schaumburg Educational Employees Organization.
Illinois Association of School Boards/National School Boards Association (IASB/NSBA) Report: Board Member Teresa Huber reported that today the U.S. Senate approved the Every Child Achieves Act (Senate Bill 1177), which is the reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act passed in 2001. For more information about the bill visit congress.gov.
Foundation Report: Board Member Teresa Huber reminded everyone that the Schaumburg Township Elementary School Foundation golf outing that was rained out has been rescheduled for August 3. Golfers and sponsors are still being sought.
- Board members participated in the Fourth of July parade in Hoffman Estates.
- Board members praised the staff and volunteers who supported students at the Special Olympics Motor Activities Challenge Day on July 8 at Armstrong School.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:06 p.m.