- The School Board recognized Michenzie King, a student at Addams Junior High School, who will receive the 2015 Outstanding Student Technology Award from Infinitec in April.
- The board also recognized the following students who qualified for the You Be The Chemist state competition on April 25:
- Sachi Goel, eighth grade, Frost – first place
- Saurav Sumughan, Mead – second place
- Alice Chen, Mead – third place
- Diya Patel, Addams – fourth place (alternate to state)
Public Comment: One parent thanked the Board for establishing a task force to further research transportation fees and said she supports the recommendation on tonight’s agenda. Another parent said he would have liked to see a detailed report from the Transportation Task Force.
Freedom of Information Act: District 54 replied to one FOIA request since the last board meeting, related to the superintendent’s contract.
- Minutes of the regular and closed-session meetings on March 5, 2015
- Resignations, retirement and employment of personnel
- A resolution of non-reemployment of classified personnel
- A resolution authorizing notice of dismissal to educational support staff
- A resolution authorizing notice of honorable dismissal to first-, second-, third- and fourth-year nontenured certificated personnel
- A resolution authorizing notice of dismissal to first-, second- and third-year nontenured certificated personnel
- The staffing plan for the 2015-16 school year as presented at the March 5 Board meeting
- Checks dated March 6, 2015
- The monthly update of revenues and expenditures for February 2015
- The treasurer’s report on cash and investments for January 2015
- A contract for asbestos abatement at three sites
- A contract for flooring removal and replacement at three sites
- A contract for custodial mop and towel service for the 2015-16 school year
- A contract for moving boxes and furnishings during summer renovations at three sites
- A contract for window replacement at four sites
- A contract for new wireless infrastructure upgrades and equipment at eight district sites
- A contract for window replacement at four district sites
- A recommendation to approve nine curriculum writing projects for the summer of 2015
- A recommendation to approve the request from Weekly Homes for a 60-day extension of time to secure all necessary permits or approvals for the acquisition of the Thacker Street and Verde Drive property
- A recommendation authorizing the release of the minutes of eight closed-session school board meetings held in 2014 and 2015
- The destruction of the verbatim records of the closed-session school board meeting on Sept. 5, 2013, for which approved minutes already exist
Superintendent’s Report: Superintendent Andrew DuRoss wished everyone a great spring break.
President’s Report: Board President Bill Harper had no report.
District Citizens’ Advisory Committee: Board Member Barbara Hengels reported that DCAC heard presentations about the PARCC and MAP assessments.
Foundation Report: Board Member Teresa Huber thanked everyone who attended Mardi Gras and announced the annual Foundation golf outing is June 15. More information can be found at http://d54foundation.com.
PTA Report: PTA Council President Mikel Eppenbaugh thanked those who attended the PTA auction last week, which raised about $15,500. At the auction, PTA elected the new council officers for the 2015-2016 school year. PTA will host a District 54 Candidates’ forum at 7 p.m. March 31 at the Professional Learning Center. On April 6, PTA will host a Vendor Fair at Keller, including workshops and roundtable discussions.
- The Board approved parent-paid transportation fee rates for the 2015-16 school year of $475 for one child, $600 for two children and $700 for three or more children.
- The Board approved free transportation to students who live more than 1.5 miles from the open enrollment or magnet school they attend for the 2015-16 school year.
- The Board approved the ratification of the Schaumburg Education Association (SEA) Contract effective July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.
- The Board approved the ratification of the Schaumburg Education Employees Association (SEEO) Contract effective July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.
Announcements: Board members praised Dooley’s Japanese Cultural Night, the Addams musical and the PTA Auction.
Adjournment: The School Board adjourned at 8:13 p.m.