Kindergarten through second-grade students will take their district-issued iPad home every day. This informational sheet will provide need-to-know information about the iPad as a take-home device.
- The iPad should be charged each evening using the provided wall charger to ensure it is fully charged for the following school day.
- Chargers should remain at home.
- Students will connect the iPad to their WiFi or mobile hotspot at home.
- For a tutorial on how to connect to WiFi, please visit www.bit.ly/54ipadwifi
- The iPad should remain in its case at all times.
- The iPad should be placed in a safe location when not in use.
- Keep food and liquids away when using your iPad.
- Liquids should never be placed in a backpack with an iPad.
- Do not use sharp objects near or on the iPad.
- Avoid placing weight directly on the iPad.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the iPad.
- Your child should carefully transport the iPad to and from school each day.
- The iPad should be used for instructional purposes only.
- Apps cannot be downloaded at home.
- When not in use, the iPad cover should be closed to protect the screen and extend battery life.
Damage/ Technical Difficulties
- Please email [email protected] if you experience damage or technical difficulties with your student’s iPad. Please include:
- Student Name/ ID Number
- Detailed description of the issue