District 54 kindergarten registration for the 2023-24 school year began on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. A child whose fifth birthday falls on or before Sept. 1, 2023 is eligible to enroll in kindergarten in 2023.
Families that already have a student currently enrolled in District 54, can register a new student through their Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. If you do not have your login, please contact [email protected]. New families who do not have a portal account can begin registration through our Online Registration link.
Once your application is complete, contact your school office to schedule your in-person appointment at the school to present the documentation listed below and sign documents to complete their student’s registration.
New this year – families interested in applying for their children to attend one of District 54’s open enrollment schools will be able to apply during online registration. For more information about the open enrollment programs, visit sd54.org/openenrollment.
If your child is currently enrolled at the District 54 Early Learning Center and will be going to kindergarten next year you do not need to register your child at this time. Information will be sent to these families regarding how to apply for open enrollment programs.
Parents or legal guardians must provide the following information to complete the enrollment process at their neighborhood school:
- Proof of immunizations,
- Proof of residence (see details below), and
- Birth Certificate or Passport (original with seal). Official birth certificates are issued by the county clerk in the county in which the child was born.
Proof of Residence
Families new to District 54 must provide documented proof of their residence within the boundaries of School District 54 at the time of kindergarten registration. Current District 54 families will provide this documentation when registering their students for the 2023-2024 school year. All documents provided must be current, valid for 2023-2024, and reflect your name and address within the boundaries of District 54.
To prove residence, families must provide a copy of at least one of the following documents:
- the most recent real estate tax bill for the residence showing the owner as the taxpayer,
- a signed lease for the residence including a beginning and end date, or
- a closing statement for the purchase of the residence.
They must also provide a copy of at least two of the following documents reflecting your name and address within District 54 boundaries:
- Illinois driver’s license,
- gas, water, electric, internet, television, telephone bill or letter confirming service connection,
- public assistance documentation,
- voter registration card,
- home or vehicle insurance certificate,
- Illinois automobile registration, or
- receipt for local city vehicle sticker where applicable.
Any person asserting legal custody over a student, who is not the student’s parent or legal guardian, must provide current documentation from a court supporting the student custody arrangement.
For those students who may qualify for special education services in the district, the parents may be referred to our Special Education Department.
District officials can better plan for kindergarten placements if the majority of families register at this time. For transportation/boundary questions, call (847) 357-5104. For general questions, call your neighborhood school. If you are unsure what school your child will attend, visit sd54.org/district-boundaries.