A recorded video of this board meeting will be available on the District 54 YouTube Channel once it has finished uploading.
Levy Public Hearing:
District 54 did not receive any online or in-person public comments related to the tax levy public hearing.
Discussion – Veterans Day in District 54:
In District 54, we have children attend school on Veterans Day, which falls on November 11, and use the opportunity to celebrate and honor our veterans and their families. We discuss the significance of Veterans Day as part of our curriculum. However, each school also creates unique ways to express gratitude and commemorate this day. Check out our Veterans Day video on YouTube, which highlights events from throughout the week celebrating Veterans Day in our district.
District 54 received no online public comments and one in-person public comment related to COVID mitigation strategies.
Freedom of Information Act:
District 54 received and replied to five Freedom of Information Act requests since the last report to the Board. Click here to access the board memo with specifics of the requests.
Consent Agenda: The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda.
- The minutes of the regular and closed-session Board of Education meetings on October 21, 2021
- The minutes of the closed-session Board of Education meeting on October 25, 2021
- Resignations, leaves, retirement and employment of personnel
- Checks dated Oct. 22 and Nov. 5, 2021
- The treasurer’s report on cash and investments for September 2021
- The monthly update of revenues and expenditures for October 2021
- The monthly Blue Cross Blue Shield self-funded HMO and PPO medical insurance rates for the calendar year 2022
- The monthly Delta Dental and Vision Service Program insurance rates for calendar year 2022
- Workplace Solutions as the provider of the district’s Employee Assistance Program
- The continuation with Blue Cross Blue Shield as the excess loss carrier for the district’s health care plans
- Resolutions authorizing attorneys Franczek P.C. and Hodges, Loizzi, Eisenhammer, Rodick, & Kohn to intervene in appeals’ proceedings for assessment year 2021 before the State of Illinois Property Tax Appeals Board
- A resolution authorizing attorneys Franczek P.C. to intervene in tax objection complaint proceedings for assessment year 2021
- The purchase of technology equipment with licensing and support
- The Board approved the 2021 Tax Levy certificate and resolution.
- The Board approved a resolution authorizing the Cook County Clerk to reduce the education levy by 80%, the operation and maintenance levy by 10%, and the transportation levy by 10% that is in excess of the limiting rate.
- The Board approved the contract of Superintendent Andy DuRoss from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2027.
- The Board appointed an additional representative to serve on the District Citizens’ Advisory Committee for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The Board approved the Board Policies:
- 2:150 – Board Committees (revisions)
- 2:220 – School Board Meeting Procedures (revisions)
- 7:345 – Protection of Student Personal Information Online (new).
- The Board approved a proclamation in recognition of American Education Week 2021 and International Education Week 2021, both being celebrated November 15-19, 2021.
The Board adjourned at 7:40 p.m.