A recorded video of this board meeting is posted on the District 54 YouTube Channel.
Public Comment: No one asked to speak.
Consent Agenda: The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda.
- The minutes of the regular and closed-session Board of Education meetings on May 20, 2021
- The minutes of the special open and closed-session Board of Education meetings on May 25 and June 1, 2021
- Resignations, leaves, retirement, employment, salary adjustment and re-employment of personnel
- The 2021-22 salaries for administrators, supervisors, psychologists, market-rated personnel, certified occupational therapist assistants, crisis intervention assistants, educational interpreters, floor time specialists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, pay grade 1-3 employees and part-time personnel
- The 2021-22 rates for substitutes
- Checks dated May 21 and June 4, 2021
- The monthly report on cash and investments for April 2021
- The monthly report on revenues and expenditures for May 2021
- A resolution for the school treasurer to partially abate and permanently transfer money from the Working Cash Fun to the Operations and Maintenance Fund
- The purchase of software licensing and support from Microsoft and GoGuardian
- A one-year extension of the intergovernmental cooperation agreement regarding the use of facilities between School District 54 and the Hoffman Estates Park District
- A one-year extension of the intergovernmental cooperation agreement regarding the use of facilities between School District 54 and the Golden Corridor Family YMCA
- A one-year extension of the intergovernmental cooperation agreement regarding the use of facilities between School District 54 and the Schaumburg Park District
- The destruction of the verbatim record of the closed-session school board meeting held on Dec.v5, 2019
Board President’s Report:
The Board decided to continue accepting electronically submitted public comments and posting them on the district website, but will not read them aloud during the meeting. The Policy Committee will bring revisions to the public participation policy to the August 19 School Board meeting.
District 54 Education Foundation Report:
Board President Mary Kay Prusnick stated that annual golf outing will be held on Monday, June 14.
- The Board approved the 2021-22 Tentative Budget.
- The Board adopted the resolution calling for a public hearing on the 2021-22 Budget at 7 p.m. August 19, 2021.
- The Board approved the intergovernmental agreements with the Village of Schaumburg for two School Resource Officers (SROs), with the Village of Hoffman Estates for one SRO and with Elk Grove Village for one SRO effective August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2024.
- The Board approved the contracts of employment for Assistant Superintendents Colette Bell and Julie Gorvett for July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2026.
- The Board approved the resolution to adopt a remote educational program.
- The Board approved the new Board Policy 6:185-Remote Educational Program.
- The Board approved the Memorandum of Agreement with the Cook County Department of Health for conducting and interpreting BinaxNOW COVID-19 antigen testing.
- Board members shared that the Early Learning Center dedicated its new Book Walk in honor of Assistant Superintendent Julie Gorvett, the former principal of the ELC.
- The Board thanked the planners, presenters and attendees of the annual District 54 Symposium.
- They also thanked everyone for their work during this challenging year.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:33 p.m.