A recorded video of this board meeting will be available on the District 54 YouTube Channel once it has finished uploading.
Public Hearing on the Adoption of the 2021-2022 Budget:
No one asked to speak at the budget public hearing.
District 54 received two online public comments and six in-person public comments. Click here to read the electronically submitted Board Meeting Public Comments.
Freedom of Information Act:
District 54 received and replied to seven Freedom of Information Act requests since the last report to the Board. Click here to access the board memo with specifics of the requests.
Consent Agenda: The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda.
- The minutes of the special open and closed session Board of Education meetings on June 8 and August 4, 2021
- The minutes of the regular Board of Education meeting on Thursday, June 10, 2021
- Resignations, leaves, retirement, employment, re-employment and salary adjustment of personnel
- Checks dated June 18, July 2, July 16, July 23, July 30 and August 13 2021
- The treasurer’s reports on cash and investment for May and June 2021
- The monthly update of revenues and expenditures for June 2021
- The purchase of property, casualty and liability insurance coverage for 2021-2022
- A contract with Affiliated Fire Systems for fire alarm and sprinkler system testing and inspections at 31 district locations
- Contracts for the purchase of technology licensing and support with Classkick, Newsela, Edulastic, Pearson Proforma and CoWriter Universal
- The destruction of the verbatim records of the closed-session school board meetings held on December 12, 2019, January 9, 2020 and February 6, 2020 for which approved minutes already exist
Board Vice President Jim Pye invited everyone to support the District 54 Education Foundation during Labor Day weekend. The Foundation is raising funds by parking cars at Collins School during the Village of Schaumburg’s Septemberfest festival on Sept. 4 and 5. In addition, the Schaumburg Boomers is donating $6 from every $12 ticket purchased that weekend to the Foundation to support financially struggling families in our community. For more information, visit d54foundation.org.
- The Board adopted the 2021-2022 Budget.
- The Board approved a resolution directing the superintendent to prepare the 2022-2023 budget in tentative form.
- The Board approved continuation of School District 54’s membership in the Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce, the Greater O’Hare Area Regional Business Association, the Hoffman Estates Chamber of Commerce and the Illinois Association of School Boards, the Schaumburg Business Association and the Midwest Principals’ Center.
- The Board welcomed all the new staff members in District 54 and thanked everyone who developed a comprehensive New Teacher Induction Week in early August.
- The Board also shared how grateful and excited they are to have students and staff back in school this week.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:41 p.m.