Brief from the Board Meeting on May 2
The School Board recognized 24 students from throughout the district who were finalists in the 2019 Spanish Language Speech Contest held on May 2. Students in third through eighth grade had the opportunity to submit videos in two categories: native Spanish speakers and Spanish as a second language speakers. Finalists were invited to the contest at MacArthur School on May 2, where judges gave them awards for first through third place.
Public Comment: No one asked to speak.
Consent Agenda: The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda.
- The minutes of the regular school board meeting on April 18, 2019
- The minutes of the special reorganizational board meeting on April 25, 2019
- The resignations, leaves and retirement of personnel
- Checks dated April 26, 2019
- The purchase of Chromebooks for the 2019-20 school year from Dell
- The purchase of software licensing and support from Dell, CDW-G and Synercomm
- A proclamation recognizing May 7 as National Teacher Day.
- The Board appointed representatives from the community to serve on the District Citizens’ Advisory Committee for the 2019-20 school year
- The Board approved a revised scheduled of board meeting dates for July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Board members Charlotte Kegarise and Mary Kay Prusnick visited our 22 elementary schools on April 30 to deliver a book to the school libraries in recognition of Charlotte’s 25 years of service on the School Board.
- Board members also congratulated the students who participated in the District 54 Battle of the Books Tuesday and the Spanish Speech Contest today, and thanked the staff members who supported them in these endeavors.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:20 p.m.