Fourth grade families invited to instrumental music meetings
During April, information about enrolling for school band and orchestra is being distributed to District 54 fourth grade students. Students interested in playing the trombone, trumpet, clarinet, flute, cello, viola, or violin should return the Enrollment Form to their school or turn it in at one of the enrollment meetings. No previous music experience is necessary to play an instrument.
Parents/guardians and students should attend the meeting at the junior high the student will eventually attend, where more information will be available. The same information will be presented at each school, so if you cannot attend the meeting at your child’s future junior high, you may attend at a different junior high.
Enrollment Meeting Dates
- Addams Junior High – Monday, April 29 (7:00 pm)
- Mead Junior High – Monday, April 29 (7:00 pm)
- Eisenhower Junior High – Tuesday, April 30 (7:00 pm)
- Keller Junior High – Tuesday, April 30 (7:00 pm)
- Frost Junior High – Wednesday, May 1 (7:00 pm)
Band and orchestra lessons will start in September. If you have questions, please contact the band or orchestra teacher at your child’s school.