Four District 54 students advance to National PTA Reflections Contest
Four District 54 students qualified for the national level in Reflections, a PTA writing and fine arts competition. The winners of the national competition are announced in June.
- Karina S., a fifth-grade student at Campanelli, qualified in the literature category for her entry A Hero Can Be Anyone.
- Aditya K., a third-grade student at Lincoln Prairie, qualified in the musical composition category for his entry Heavenly Heroes.
- Airi I., a seventh-grade student at Mead, qualified in the musical composition category for her entry Hero.
- Jacy F., a sixth-grade student at Campanelli, qualified in the visual arts category for her entry Ordinary Heroes.
Other District 54 students received honorable mentions at the state competition. They are as follows:
- Allison C., Heroes in My World, seventh grade, Lincoln Prairie
- Alan K., Heroes Around Me, fifth grade, Collins
- Sanjana K., Heroic Horizons, eighth grade, Lincoln Prairie
- Aoi T., My Teacher, fifth grade, Collins
- Anya C., Bapu: Father of Modern India, seventh grade, Keller
- Tamya P., My Mom, eighth grade, Addams
The theme of the 2018-19 Reflections program was “Heroes Around Us.” District 54 students were able to submit an entry in the following six arts areas: film production, dance choreography, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts.
There will be a reception honoring the Reflections students from Northwest Cook Region, which includes District 54, at 6:30 p.m. March 13 at Keller Junior High, 820 Bode Road in Schaumburg.