School District 54 hosted a two-day presentation with Rick and Becky DuFour on Professional Learning Communities Sept. 29 and 30, attended by District 54 employees and representatives from other school districts.
Professional Learning Communities have six key characteristics:
- Shared mission, vision, values, goals
- Collaborative teams focused on learning.
- Collective inquiry into best practice and current reality
- Action orientation/experimentation
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Results oriented
Collins and Nerge elementary schools and Frost Junior High School shared their successes with PLCs. Handouts and additional materials are included below: