Please click here to view the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on November 18, 2010, as amended
Call to Order: The Board of Education meeting was called to order at 7 p.m.
Public Hearing on the 2010 Tax Levy: No one asked to speak.
Public Comment: No one asked to speak.
Freedom of Information Act Requests: District 54 received three requests since the last board meeting for copies of documents and bid information related to three projects which had a bid opening on Nov. 18.
Consent Agenda: The School Board approved the following items on the Consent Agenda:
- Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting on November 18, 2010, as amended
- Checks dated Nov. 19, 2010
- Monthly Update of Revenues and Expenditures
- Treasurer’s Report on Cash and Investments
- Resignations and employment of personnel
- Re-employment of two individuals who had received dismissal notices
- The salary adjustment of one employee
- The request of authorization from the Illinois Department of Transportation for approval of two additional safety hazard busing findings for the 2010-11 school year.
- The destruction of the verbatim records of a closed-session board meeting on May 21, 2009, for which approved minutes already exist.
- Superintendent’s Report: Superintendent Ed Rafferty reported that all District 54 parents received the newly revised report cards in November; and that schools are now doing the second round of MAP testing. Our school teams use this data to adjust not only their school improvement plans, but also the services provided to individual students. In addition, Rafferty announced that letters will be sent to any families affected by boundary changes being proposed for the 2011-12 school year, inviting them to attend meetings to answer any of their questions.
- Report of President of Board of Education: President Karen Strykowski thanked SEA President Carmel Cottrell and SEEO President Kathy Jesuit for presenting with the School Board at the Illinois School Boards Association Conference.
- Foundation Report: Board Member Bill Harper said any donations would be appreciated for the silent auction at the Foundation’s Mardi Gras on Feb. 18.
- PTA Report: Mary Kay Prusnick announced that the PTA website will soon have information about the 12 high school scholarships available this year.
- The Board approved the Certificate of 2010 Tax Levy and adopted a resolution to file the certificate with the Cook County Clerk. The total levy amount is $152,650,020.
- The Board approved a resolution directing the Cook County Clerk how to reduce the various fund levies if the 2010 extended levy is in excess of the limiting rate.
- The Board approved Policy BDDGA/BDDGA-R – Closed Session Minutes, Recording and Review.
- The Board had the first reading of revisions to board policies JECB – Non-Resident Students and JHCA – Student Medical Records and Immunization Records.
- Board members reminded the public that the next board meeting will be Jan. 6, 2011.
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:31 p.m. to discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body.