Call to Order: The Board of Education meeting was called to order at 7 p.m.
Public Comment: Jolanta Harrison, president of the Emilia Plater Polish School, addressed the Board regarding our business partnership over the years.
Freedom of Information Act Requests: District 54 received two requests since the last board meeting related to the copier replacement contract and classroom furniture bid.
- Minutes of the School Board meeting on June 17, 2010
- Minutes of the closed-session School Board meeting on June 17, 2010
- Checks dated June 18, 2010
- Monthly Update of Revenues and Expenditures
- Resignations, leaves, employment and salary adjustments of personnel
- Re-employment of 12 personnel who received dismissal notices
- Authorization to purchase winter fuel for storage
- The purchase of replacement science tables
- The Board approved a tentative version of the 2010-11 budget.
- The Board approved a resolution calling for a public hearing on the 2010-11 budget on Sept. 16, 2010.
- The Board approved a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Plan Document.
- The Board approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Village of Schaumburg regarding the school resource officer.
- The Board approved the continuation of District 54′s membership in the Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB) and the National School Boards Association (NSBA).
- The Board approved the following revised board policies:
- Use of District-Owned Vehicles (EEBA)
- Lunch Supervision Programs (EF)
- Copyright Laws and Reproduction (EGAA)
- Insurance Management (EI)
Adjournment: The Board adjourned at 7:35 p.m. to closed session to discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body.